The id+ card is your Penn State photo ID. You will be able to receive your id+ card by visiting the Network Services Office, 107 Eberly Building. You are required to have a current photo ID card (license, school ID, military ID, or passport) to have the id+ card processed.
The Penn State id+ card is the official photo identification card of Penn State University and must be carried at all times. There are five University approved id+ cards: student, faculty/staff, faculty/staff/student, retiree, and affiliate. All cards are photo cards with a magnetic strip on the back.
The id+ card is the mechanism for accessing the cardholder’s account(s) or privileges. Access to University facilities or cardholder’s account(s) may be denied if your account has been suspended by the University for administrative reasons, you deactivate your card, or if your card’s magnetic strip is damaged and will not scan.
What can you do with the id+ card?
- The library requires campus patrons to have their id+ card for quick and easy checkout of materials.
- Our campus cafeteria now accepts Lion Cash for purchases.
- Our bookstore now accepts Lion Cash for purchases.
- Student access to the Student Newspaper Readership Program - Newspapers available are: The New York Times, USA Today, and the Herald Standard.
- Some local merchants offer purchasing discounts when you present the id+ card!
- Deposit funds: You do not need to know the cardholder’s Penn State Access Account information. Just enter the cardholder’s PSU ID number or email ID and last name. You will not be able to view account details–only deposit funds. If you do not know the required information, please contact the cardholder before proceeding.
- Manage your accounts: Check your balances, review your transaction history, or change your Campus Meal Plan. You must enter your Penn State Access Account information to authenticate to id+Online. You will then be able to view and update your account information.
- Deactivate a lost or stolen id+ card: If your id+ card has been lost or stolen, you should deactivate it immediately. When you deactivate your card, your residence hall access, A-La Board meal plan, LionCash+ account, and fitness membership will automatically be suspended. To suspend other features—such as those offered by PNC Bank—you must contact the appropriate office.
- Reactivate your id+ card: If you find your card within seven days of deactivating it, you may reactivate it online and your residence hall access, A-La Board meal plan, LionCash+ account, and fitness membership will be reinstated. To reinstate other features—such as those offered by PNC Bank—you must contact the appropriate office.
Hours for receiving your id+ card vary as the semester progresses. Get your card early, and take advantage.
Please visit the Universitiy id+ site for additional information.
The card is the property of Penn State University and is non-transferable. Only the cardholder may present the id+ card for purchases and other privileges. id+ cards will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder or if the card is involved in inappropriate or illegal use. Fraudulent use of the card will result in disciplinary action.
Information about the cardholder’s account will be disclosed to third parties only for the following reasons: (1) in order to complete a transaction; (2) in order to comply with court orders or other applicable laws; or (3) with the cardholder’s written permission.
Please reference University Policy AD24 for a full disclosure of the University’s policy on id+ cards.