Local students honored in kinesiology
Students from six local school districts were recently honored for their progress in kinesiology. A ceremony was held on Wednesday, May 8 at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus.
Students from Albert Gallatin North, A.J. McMullen, Brownsville, Connellsville, Geibel, and Laurel Highlands middle schools gathered with friends and family to receive certificates recognizing their physical achievements as Penn State Fayette Kinesiology Students of the Month.
The following students were recognized:
- Justine Brown – Brownsville Middle School
- Lindsay Coville – Albert Gallatin North Middle School
- Luke Kuhns – Connellsville Middle School
- Anthony Marsiglia – Brownsville Middle School
- Grace Nowicki – Geibel Middle School
- Ellen Sepesy – Ben Franklin Middle School
- Haley Sutton – Laurel Highlands Middle School
- Jacob Swartz – Laurel Highlands Middle School
- John-Luke Tlumack – Geibel Middle School
- Madison Wiltrout – Connellsville Middle School
- Madison Yankulik – A.J. McMullen Middle School
Jes Hutson, instructor in kinesiology, says, “Our committee was very happy to get this new program up and running, where middle school students are recognized and honored for physical activity and wellness.”
Front row, from the left: human development and family studies professor and committee member Jo Ann Jankoski, Justine Brown, Haley Sutton, Lindsay Coville, Ellen Sepesy, and committee member Dawn Walker; second row, from the left: kinesiology instructor and committee member Jes Hutson, Madison Wiltrout, Luke Kuhns, Madison Yankulik, Anthony Marsiglia, Jacob Swartz, and committee member Katie Semans; third row, from the left: Grace Nowicki, John-Luke Tlumack.