The Penn State registration process consists of two steps.
- First, the student enrolls in specific courses.
- Secondly, the registration is complete upon receipt of payment of tuition and fees, or processing a zero bill if applicable.
The billing statement includes amount(s) due as well as possible credits resulting from applicable scholarships, loans, grants, and other forms of financial assistance.
In some cases, because of the possible financial credits, a student may not be required to make payment to the University. In other cases, a student may be due a refund from the University. IN ALL CASES, REGARDLESS OF AMOUNT DUE, ACTION IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AS FOLLOWS:
- You may pay by credit card via eLion or at BURSAR.PSU.EDU. There is a 2% Convenience Fee for each payment processed with a credit card. We cannot accept credit cards via mail, phone or in person.
- Return payment and the Semester Bill to the Bursar's Office, 103 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802-1200.
- If the "net payable" is less than $100.00, you may confirm your registration online by using eLion or at BURSAR.PSU.EDU. You may also process your bill by calling the Voice Response System at 814-863-2777 (press 3 then 1), or return the Semester Bill to the Bursar's Office, 103 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802-1200.
Failure to complete the registration process may result in any or all of the following actions:
- You will not receive grades for courses you are attending.
- You will be unable to enroll for future semesters.
- Your Penn State Computer Access Account will be suspended.
- If you receive student loans, you may enter a repayment status with your lender.
- If you receive student aid, some of the aid sources may be cancelled and will be unavailable for reinstatement at a later date.
- If you are living in University Housing, you will need to vacate your housing.
- Starting with the first day of the semester you will not be allowed to add courses.
- If you receive a Federal work-study award, you will not be eligible for employment.
- Faculty are not obligated to provide instruction or administer assessment for the student.
Prior to the first day of the semester, a student may cancel his or her registration without financial penalty. Starting with the first day of the semester, a student who decides not to attend must withdraw. Please see Refund/Tuition Adjustment Policy to determine your financial adjustment.