Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Whether you are exploring the idea of taking a class or are already an adult learner, the following links may be helpful to you.  Pease visit the Penn State Home Page, http://www.psu.edu/, for additional information about Admissions, Costs, Student Aid, Majors, and a wealth of other information that can answer your questions about Penn State.

Adult Learners are very important to Penn State. We welcome your experience-based knowledge and enthusiasm for learning. No matter what your academic, professional, or personal goals, chances are you will find a program at Penn State that is right for you.

Campus Locations Learn more about what is available at the Penn State location nearest you.  Use this link to investigate the academic programs and services available at each Penn State campus.

World Campus This link gives you information about the courses and programs offered by Penn State's World Campus.  Courses may be online, traditional correspondence, or a mix. You will find credit and noncredit courses, credit and noncredit certificate programs, and degree offerings.

Continuing Education Continuing Education provides adults across Pennsylvania with the opportunity to take credit, noncredit, professional development, and special interest courses.  Use this link to investigate the Continuing Education offerings at Penn State's many campuses.

Freshman Degree Admission also called first-year admission, is for applicants who have earned high school diplomas or the equivalent, or have earned fewer than 18 semester credits from another college/university. SAT, SAT I, or ACT scores are waived for adult learners seeking freshman degree admission. For this waiver, adult students are defined as those who have been out of high school for five or more years or veterans with four or more years of service with an honorable discharge.

Transfer Admission Persons who have earned high school diplomas or the equivalent, are United States citizens or an immigrant, and who have attempted at least 18 semester credits at other regionally accredited colleges or universities may seek transfer admission.

Re-enrollment and Academic Renewal Have you attended Penn State previously? Use re-enrollment to resume degree study. Academic renewal provides re-enrolled students with the opportunity to resume their academic careers without being penalized by past academic records.

Graduate Programs at University Park, Erie, Harrisburg, Great Valley If you have your baccalaureate degree, look at these links for information on Penn State's graduate programs. 

Adult Education, Instructional Systems, and Workforce Education and Development This link provides information on the undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered through the College of Education.

Commission for Adult Learners Penn State has a Commission for Adult Learners that is a University-wide group of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the betterment of the adult learner experience at Penn State. The Commission was appointed to review and recommend changes in policies and procedures, foster coordination and information sharing about programs and services that recruit and retain adult learners... and more! To see a list of current Commission members, click Commission for Adult Learners Contact List.