Advising, Scheduling, Convocation, and New Student Day
Congratulations on becoming a Penn State Fayette student! Please review the time line below. If applying for financial aid, please be sure to complete your FAFSA. In order for you to receive maximum consideration for all aid programs, Penn State recommends that you complete your FAFSA before March 1.
After you accept your offer from Penn State and pay your acceptance fee, you will receive instructions, via postcard or email, about how to complete your Educational Planning Survey (EPS) and online placement tests. Watch for this communication. It contains critical information about your personalized New Student Orientation (NSO) timeline!
Complete your EPS and placement tests.
The EPS will help us help you when you visit campus on your advising day. Educational Planning Survey
You will take placement tests in mathematics and chemistry. These test results will help you choose appropriate courses for your first semester. If you are pursuing a major that does not require a chemistry course, you do not need to take the chemistry placement test. You can take these tests online from any location with Internet access. Placement Tests
Starting in May
Students who have completed their placement testing should expect to receive an invitation from Penn State Fayette to attend the NSO. This process continues on a rolling basis as results of the EPS and placement tests are received. This is a first-come, first-served system. Therefore, the sooner you pay the acceptance fee and complete the EPS and placement tests, the sooner you can register to attend one of our NSO sessions.
Register for New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation will be held the following dates:
- Monday through Friday, July 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 2014
- Monday through Friday, July 21, 22, 23 and 24 2014
NSO is a half-day program for you to receive critical information on academics, including scheduling and advising. Each date varies per student. (Mandatory for all new students. Parents and families welcome. Dress attire is business casual.)
Convocation is scheduled for Thursday, August 21, 2014. This is your formal induction into The Pennsylvania State University. (Mandatory for all new students. Parents and families welcome. Dress attire is business casual.)
New Student Day is scheduled for Friday, August 22, 2014. New Student Day gives you the opportunity to learn more about academic life and student life. You'll receive crucial tips on how to succeed during your first year at Penn State. In addition, you'll get the chance to get involved in clubs, organizations, intercollegiate athletics, and intramural sports. Lastly, it's a great time to meet new friends and become acclimated to the campus. (Mandatory for all new students. Student-only event. Dress attire is business casual.)
More detailed information concerning Convocation and New Student Day will be forthcoming. For questions, please contact Chad Long at 724-430-4248 or email@example.com. Register here for Convocation and New Student Day.
- Are parents/families welcome to attend? Parents/families are welcome to attend during New Student Orientation and Convocation. New Student Day is a student-only event.
- Is New Student Orientation mandatory? Yes. New Student Orientation, Convocation, and New Student Day are mandatory for all new students.
- How long will each day last? New Student Orientation starts at 8:30 a.m. and lasts until approximately 1:30 p.m. Convocation starts at 5:30 p.m. and lasts until approximately 7:30 p.m. New Student Day begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m.
- What is the attire? Both New Student Orientation and New Student Day are casual. Convocation is business casual.
- How do I register? Each New Student Orientation date varies per student, and will be scheduled in advance. For Convocation and New Student Day, you must register using the link that will be posted above, about two weeks before the event.
- Whom do I call for more information? All questions concerning New Student Orientation may be directed to the Advising Center at 724-430-4123. All questions concerning Convocation and New Student Day may be directed to Chad Long at 724-430-4248.